I really like this month's card. Looks rather Art Deco-ish to me.*
I decided to gather papers
(I'd just found and purchased 3 rolls of this off-white (and black) sheet-music wrapping paper above)
box up glue, scissors, ink, brushes, heat-gun (for setting inks), etc.
- materials that I might need/want to produce whatever composition I still had to compose! -
and bring everything home to work on in our cozy (wood stove-heated) living room.
I keep stacks of plastic egg and cracker containers
(like @20x as many as what's shown here)
that have varying amounts of materials left-over/not used in past months' productions.
I decided to see what pre-prepped materials might suit my vague musings re: this month's design.
I found enough of these little scraps of music
for this month's set of cards (appears in Step 13)
plus all the gold and silver squares
- which I'd actually prepped for a couple of larger collages.**
Nice. Less prep for this month's production. :-)
Wanted to use this beautiful little stylized deer stamp***
I did a couple of prototypes
decided to omit the gold threads, minimize the pink horizon, and NOT use the bleeding brown ink,
The Steps: The Movie:
(27 this month - not including the rubber-stamping)
I started by rubber-stamping groupings of 3 deer****
Panels of 12 of January's postcards
*I'm so Klimt-crazy, and had just finished putting together this Klimt jigsaw puzzle - 'The Fulfillment'
**The gold and silver squares were intended for inclusion in these 2 larger collages I was working on for a display at Espresso Bueno last summer. I still haven't finished either of them!
This first one - Arteries, 22" x 30" - was inspired by maps of downtown Barre:
This one - Untitled so far, 14" x 17" - was based on an image of a settlement of yurts:
***Which I'd used in an earlier January PoM - January, 2014.
I've always really liked this one, too.
****Had to change from a nice brown ink to a black one - the brown bled, even after heat-setting. :-/