Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January's Postcard of the Month
Number SIXTY! 5 years of Postcards of the Month!!
This was one of my favorites of the monthly PoMs.

I first started playing with this nice white-on-white background:
With various-sized orbs and trees:
But nothing was really gaining momentum with these.
In the meantime, this is my customary late-afternoon winter vista:
I loved the dappling sunset reds jeweling the snow and trunks and branches.
But I was really struck by this shot in a(nother) Netflix show I was watching 
of the pale tree trunks against the dark dark of the forest behind.
So... a few more prototypes:
I'd used these wrapping paper trees in January 2014's PoM cards,*
and I've been wanting to incorporate these acorns in some card, but not to be this one!
Some further play:
Ah!  The dark forest!  Closer to what I was was after.  :-)
So I 'printed' the 'tree trunks'
using silver ink
applied to corrugated cardboard:

The Fixin's

I set up production at home this month** -
nice and cozy by the wood stove, looking out at my woods:

Steps: The Movie:

The Steps

22 steps (after 'printing' 'tree trunks') in this month's card production

The first of 5 Wasps' nest paper 'trees':
I did put a tiny feather in each card
but it got swallowed by the glue and black threads.

Panel of 21 of January's postcards:

Fin.


*January, 2014
**Yup - That is a jigsaw puzzle box in the background.  The first of the 4.75 post-holiday puzzles this season.
 
Humans.  ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment