Thursday, July 5, 2012

July's Postcard of the Month


This one was painful!  

I knew that it was to be about THE POOL...

                         and GREEN...
Dappled and Lacy.





With a nice beach ball/sherbert/Day Lily ORANGE thrown in. ;)

BUT!  I just could NOT make up my mind!


               The Progression:       TOO BLUE  > Nix the tire-swing > JUST RIGHT.

Yeah, the first one was just WAY too BLUE (and, I didn't really like it...).   And then, the second version was SO close, but I did NOT like the tire-swing (even if it hadn't been smudged).  

And then, all of a sudden, it was the end of a (mostly) TOO-HOT-TO-BE-IN-MY-STUDIO month! And I had't even made up my mind, let alone gathered all the fixin's! 


Nothing like a little pressure.

So, Sunday, morning, July 1st, I came up with version #3 (as seen above). Which I LOVE.

But, because it took me so long to come up with what I would want to make multiples of, the only way I felt I could pull off getting the cards out to my loyal Postcard of the Month Club members in a timely manner was to limit my run. :/ NO EXTRAS this month. But I did use the detritus from this set to make a
'Get Well' Card

for my friend, the unsung hero of the Richmond Thrift Store and Food Shelf - Marcia Levison. Who likes to walk a LOT, and just had surgery that will make that difficult for a while, poor girl.

And now, here's the production line:
Steps 1 > TWENTY TWO!!
Uh oh!! What's wrong with this picture??!!
                                                                                      Hint: #12       /\
  :/
And, what's incredible...
 is that:  I DIDN"T EVEN NOTICE!! Until posting these photos!!
And now, it's just GLARINGLY obvious!!

But THEN!! I find that #4 has it's own 21st Step Anomaly!!
\/

So...

 what this means is that two of my POM members have even MORE unique postcards this month!!

#12 of 14
 #4 of 14
A final note:
The bleeding of the blue paper into the yellow, leaching this brilliant, watery, dappled green had not been anticipated, and was a most welcome bit of magic!  I do know that these papers (I have a red version too) bleed; I'd forgotten how COPIOUSLY.  And I do appreciate how it could have NOT been a welcome effect at all!!  In that way, my prototype (top photo, no bleed) differs from all its offspring. 

#11 - with all the critical components, PLUS the lovely 'bleeding'.  :)


Enough for now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Beth, what an undertaking you have undertaken! I feel so lucky to be a recipient of all this planning, inspiration, and art-sweat. I got mine today, and it is truly wonderful.

    It's so good of you to record all this on your blog, in addition to the actual work of creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet! Knowing whose eyes are going to see these plays a VERY big role in guiding my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete