Sunday, January 7, 2018

January's Postcard of the Month
White. Quiet.  Cold.  
I  really like this month's card.  Looks rather Art Deco-ish to me.*

It's really been too cold to try to spend much time at the studio
so for this month's card,
I decided to gather papers
(I'd just found and purchased 3 rolls of this off-white (and black) sheet-music wrapping paper above)
box up  glue, scissors, ink, brushes, heat-gun (for setting inks), etc.
- materials that I might need/want to produce whatever composition I still had to compose! -
and bring everything home to work on in our cozy (wood stove-heated) living room.

I keep stacks of plastic egg and cracker containers
(like @20x as many as what's shown here)
that have varying amounts of materials left-over/not used in past months' productions.
I decided to see what pre-prepped materials might suit my vague musings re: this month's design.  
I found enough of these little scraps of music
for this month's set of cards (appears in Step 13)
plus all the gold and silver squares
- which I'd actually prepped for a couple of larger collages.**
Nice.  Less prep for this month's production.  :-)
Wanted to use this beautiful little stylized deer stamp***
I did a couple of prototypes
decided to omit the gold threads, minimize the pink horizon, and NOT use the bleeding brown ink,
but otherwise... 

The Fixin's

The Steps: The Movie: 


The Steps

(27 this month - not including the rubber-stamping)
I started by rubber-stamping groupings of 3 deer****


 Panels of 12 of January's postcards

Fin.


*I'm so Klimt-crazy, and had just finished putting together this Klimt jigsaw puzzle - 'The Fulfillment'

**The gold and silver squares were intended for inclusion in these 2 larger collages  I was working on for a display at Espresso Bueno last summer.  I still haven't finished either of them!  
This first one - Arteries, 22" x 30" - was inspired by maps of downtown Barre:
This one - Untitled so far, 14" x 17" - was based on an image of a settlement of yurts:

***Which I'd used in an earlier January PoM - January, 2014. 
I've always really liked this one, too.

****Had to change from a nice brown ink to a black one - the brown bled, even after heat-setting.  :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment