Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May's Postcard of the Month
Blossoms.
Right after I'd sent these all off to subscribers,
I realized that I should have left off the 'petals' in the bottom middle of the card -
it all would have flowed much better.

Prototypes:

Thought about maybe doing a close-up of blossoms:
Way too complicated/contrived to reproduce 21 times!
So then I played with some 'left-overs':
I really liked those notes, but this didn't quite do what I wanted.
So then this:
Closer.
Ended up switching dot 'petals' for sprinkle 'petals', adding some notes,
and eliminating the 2 stamped blossoms.

The Fixin's

The first papers glued down this month were from this ancient roll of pale yellow/gold tissue paper 
that I've had (and occasionally used) for about 40 years!
And the beautiful Deco blossom was printed by rolling this inked piece of framing
over the green rice paper.

The Steps: The Movie: 

The Steps


























Panels of 21 of May's postcards.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment